top of page
ShowerLove Logo
The Post
  • clintgeorge

Wait, Is My Dog Stoned?

In this article from The New York Times, the author Jean Hanff Korelitz, writes that after her dog exhibited some odd behavior (and nearly died), she took him for an emergency visit to the vet, who diagnosed their Sherlock with cannabis intoxication--probably from the butt of a joint he had gobbled up.


According to Dr. Carly Fox, a senior veterinarian at Schwarzman, "marijuana toxicity is now a common presentation in veterinary emergency rooms. Severity depends on the amount ingested and the size, age and health of the animal, and most dogs exhibit uncoordinated gait, dribbling urine, an exaggerated reaction to normal stimuli — that would be the flinching and trembling — bradycardia (low heart rate) and mild hypothermia. Severe cases progress to respiratory depression, seizures and occasionally death."


Food for thought! Seems like dogs always find a way to chow-down on something they shouldn't.






11 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page